Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One crazy week!

This past week has been a full one, but a good one.

First of all, can I just say that Gavyn is exhauting! He is not allowed to do anything for a month until his head heals up. He got his stiches out last Monday and I was told by the doctor that he cannot swing, jump, slide, do anything for the month or else a good bump on the head could open up his scar. Not cool! So all I have been doing is chaising him around and taking him off tables, trampolines, and whatever else you can imagine a 3-year-old will climb on. I definately don't have mellow children, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I did decide that he needed something so I gave him swingset priveledges and I let him slide and swing. I just know that the doctor is going to look over and come give me a talk since he lives next door. Oh well.

Halloween was so much fun this year. The kids loved their costumes. Cayden was Anakin Skywalker, Bryce was a white power ranger, and Gavyn was a blue power ranger. On Wednesday we went to a Halloween carnival with my parents. There were tons of games and tons of candy. On Friday, we got to go door to door trick-or-treating for a while. The kids had never done this before and they loved it. However, Gavyn got a little too excited at times and would just walk right in before ringing the doorbell. Good thing we have awesome neighbors who didn't seem to mind. Later, we went to a friend's trunk-or-treat. Somehow we always seem to end up with more candy than what we are able to give out. I am not sure how this happens. Afterwards we went to Bonnie's house for a Halloween party. They played musical chairs, had a spook alley, and all sorts of fun kids games. I think we got home at about 11 pm and that is when some friends came to our house to hang out for a while. I think we got to bed about 2 am. It was a long day, but a fun one!

I will be putting on some pictures of my kids in their costumes, but I need to get them to put them back on so I can take them. Somehow, I forgot my camera for the day and never got a picture taken - bad mom move, I know! Better late than never.

In the past three days we have had lots of sick kids and two ER visits. Does anyone else ever notice that kids always get sick in the middle of the night? Mine do. Bryce and Gavyn have the highest pain tolerance so when they finally get to a point where they say something we know we have to act on it fast. When it happens at 1 a.m. I just don't see the point in making them wait until morning so I always pack them up and take them in. Drugs are starting to kick in now so they are starting to feel better.

Yesterday I got to go help in Cayden's class at school and it was a blast. I love seeing him in his element. Cayden loves school. He usually gets his homework done on the bus and then when he gets home he has me print out math sheets for him to work on. He is a hardworker and such a nice kid. He has also been my little helper this past week with keeping Gavyn under taps.

Well, that is all for now. I will put some pictures on later. I will also try to post a little more often than once a week. It is easier to type when it is fresh in the memory rather than a week later. See ya!

No comments: