Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful.10

Today I am thankful for....

1. Gas is $1.77! I filled up my Tahoe for $30.00. Let's hope it sticks.

2. I didn't call any of my kids the wrong names today. This is one I really have to work on. Yesterday Gavyn and I had this conversation:

Mom: Gavyn, you have got to learn other ways of venting your frustrations rather than hitting your brothers. (I then go on to explain a variety of ways he can vent rather than being mean to his brothers.)
Gavyn: (No response. Looking around the room and fidgeting.)
Mom: Look at me! Cayden...Bryce....What's your name, Gavyn. Are you even listening to me? What did I just say to you?
Gavyn: What's your name!

That is the only part of the conversation he even heard. I then decided that I need to call my kids by the correct name.

3. Curtis has the day off tomorrow. Yay!!! I think this will be the first day off all year that is actually just for fun. No doctor's appointments, no surgeries, no coming home to help while mama is sick! This is just because he can.

4. Dad's jambalaya. He made me lunch today since he had the day off and it was sooo good. Thanks dad!

5. Getting my work done by 10:30 p.m. tonight. I might get to bed by midnight. How great is that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate and Melissa said...

Hey Heidi! Good to read your blog, you have a good looking bunch of boys in your household!

Mrs. B said...

Hey, good luck witht he name thing. My kids are all grown and I still do it.

Jocelyn said...

I'm so bad with names that now my kids call each other by the wrong name!

They're always correcting me, though!

Katie said...

I'm always called one of the boys the wrong name. Sometimes I think I would just all them in the order they came to our family 1-2-3-4.