Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Odie

My kids have always been terrified of animals so Curtis and I talked about getting them a puppy. One day while Curtis was at work, I get a call from his saying....guess what I bought. That night, he brought home a miniature Dachshund for the kids. We surprised the kids that night at my parents house. Curtis was so cute. He had already gone to the store and bought blankets and toys. This is the kids reaction to the dog.









Bryce was immediately attached to him. Every day, as soon as he got home from school, he would run up and grab Odie and play with him until bedtime. Bryce took it upon himself to potty train him.


Gavyn carried around the camera every day to take pictures of Odie.





I am assuming Gavyn found his shadow to be pretty interesting.







As soon as we got the puppy I started getting really sick. We could not figure out why I was so miserable. I went in to the doctor and after some tests they told me I was allergic to dogs. Curtis and I talked and we decided it would be best to return Odie to his prior owner and wait a few years and get an outside dog. It was horrible when we had to break the news to the kids...especially Bryce. We ended up waking the kids up early the next morning and Curtis took Odie back to his prior home. We had Odie for one week...and the kids still talk about him constantly.




These pictures break my heart.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Thanks for the update...I have been waiting, as you know. I wish the dog story had a happier ending. Cute pics of the kids...I didn't know you guys snowboard.
Loves!