Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The BIG bandaid

It has been awhile..again..since I have posted, but I had to write about what Gavyn did last night.

Gavyn stubbed his foot on the edge of the counter last night and ended up with a scrape on the top of his foot that was bleeding. He told us he was going to go get a bandaid to put on it to help it feel better and we told him to go ahead. We heard him shuffling stuff around in our bathroom for a few minutes before he came out. Gavyn told me he couldn't find anything but the REALLY BIG bandaids. He was trying to figure out how to put the big bandaid on when he came around the couch and I could see that he had one of my maxi pads.

I watched as he tried to get the pad to work as a bandaid until he decided it just wouldn't work and I told him to go into the kitchen to ask daddy for help. He walked into the kitchen and asked Curtis for help. When Curtis turned around to help his little guy you could see him trying his best to hold back the laughter. Curtis looked at him and said, "Gavyn..you sure it won't work? Maybe you should try it one more time." Gavyn told him it would not work and asked him to find a smaller bandaid. Curtis told him where they were and after Gavyn walked out of the room he burst out laughing.

We haven't told him yet that those indeed are NOT bandaids. I think we will wait on that one for another day. I just love that Curtis and I both had pretty much the same reaction and that Gavyn is so entertaining!

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

THAT is a good story. For another use on feminine hygeine...check my second to the last post. Also a pretty good story.

Angela said...

ROFL!
That is funny.