Friday, April 9, 2010

Praying for a loose tooth.

I have always kept a candy drawer in the kitchen where the kids can go for when they get a treat. Since Easter last weekend our candy drawer as been overflowing. Usually the boys are not too bad about how much candy they eat, but I have been battling with a certain boy all week in keeping out of the drawer.

Bryce is in 1st grade right now and has realized that he is the only child in the class not loosing teeth. He has not had one single loose tooth yet and he is not happy about it. He asked me a couple of months ago if I could please help him knock out his tooth. I let him know that was not an option and then I found him a little while later trying to talk his brother into knocking out a tooth for him. Luckily, Cayden didn't think it was such a good idea either. He has been constantly coming up with different ways to get a loose tooth.

Fastforward to this week. Bryce has been constantly sneaking candy out of the drawer. Tonight I finally sat him down to talk about why he continues to sneak candy when he knows its a bad choice and will get him in trouble. He informed me that he is eating candy in hopes of getting a tooth to fall out. He said he is eating lots of hard chewy candies in hopes of it loosening a tooth. He also told me that if that doesn't work then he knows that soon a tooth is going to fall out anyway because I had told him if he eats too much junk food it will rot his teeth and they will fall out.

I am not sure what to think about this other than I guess the child goes after what he wants. I hope this will come in handy some day when he is older. For now we will keep praying for him in our nightly family prayers that Bryce might get a loose tooth.

2 comments:

Kim said...

HAHA! My poor Bridger is sad he hasn't lost any teeth either! So funny how consumed they are by it all! I hope you are doing good!

Cox Family said...

I laughed so hard when I read this...how funny!