Monday, July 13, 2009

Mayson


So, as most of you know Mayson's year mark was June 22-23rd. (I love the picture above. It always amazes me at how tiny, yet how perfect he was...) Curtis, me, the boys, my parents, and my sister Jennifer and her kids all went over to the graveside on the evening of the 22nd. We sang happy birthday, let some balloons go in the air, and my mom and sister left some beautiful perennials. Curtis and I went back to the graveside that night from 11:25 pm to 12:00 am because this was the time that Mayson was alive. At midnight we let the last balloon go. It was awesome! Curtis and I had a great talk and were able to just spend time together remembering.
On the afternoon of the 23rd the kids wanted me to take them to tell Mayson they loved them and to get the flowers so we could plant them at home. I took them over and the flowers were gone. This is not the first time things have been stollen and sadly it was not the last. The flowers were there less than 24 hours before being taken. I was so frustrated. How can someone come and take something off a grave....especially on the year mark of his death? What frustrated me the most was how upset my kids got. In the past year we have had almost everything that we have put out taken. I just don't understand it. I guess in the long run of things it does not matter, but it is just so rude!

On a happier note, I have stopped procrastinating and have finally uploaded all the pictures from my camera from the past NINE months. So, now I get to play catch up and I am so excited to do so.

3 comments:

msorensen said...

Heidi, I am so sorry that someone out there would do something so appauling!! Someday, I am sure when we are all in Heaven, that person is going to feel REALLY bad for what they did!! It is so irritating and so personally hurtful. I am sorry. But at least we know that Mayson knows that the flowers were there and he knows that you love him ever so much!!! You are a GREAT angel mommy!!!!!

Kim said...

I agree with Michelle you are a great Angel mommy! It takes a very special, strong, and loving woman to be an angel mommy! I am sorry someone took your flowers that is so sad. I think how you spent the day sounds perfect! It was great to see you the other week at soccer your kids are all so cute!

Mrs. B said...

Sweet post. I love that picture of Maysons hand, too. I love the term 'Angel Mommy' so much. It is perfect to describe you!