Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Christmas in July

This year (I am speaking in present tense so pretend it is December 2008) we went to the Idaho Falls Museum with my parents and sister's family to see all the gingerbread houses and the nativities. I highly recommend that everyone go to it next year. It was soo cool. I took a ton of pictures, but I already had a ton for this post so I will post them later.

Gavyn clung to my dad the whole time. He is such a grandpa's boy!


Here is my mom and Bryce. I LOVE this picture!

Curtis looking somewhat annoyed that I am taking his picture!


ScArY mE!


This is how Gavyn walked through the museum.


I had to show this one nativity ornament. This was made out of paper. Isn't it amazing!


We let the kids go play in the playroom for a while since they had been walking so much. Here is Cayden, Cameron, and Andrew.

Bryce, Rachael, and Gavyn


Gavyn, Andrew, and Bryce

Cameron and Cayden


Later on in the week we went to Grandpa Bruce's house for a Christmas party.
Here is daddy with Gavyn and Bryce.


My sister Kari with Dustin and KC


Grandma, Katie, and Kali


Grandpa Bruce and Corbin


Cayden, Gavyn, and Mommy


Christmas morning was so much fun. The kids woke us up just before 4 AM, but we made them wait until 6:30 to open presents. My parents came over to the house and then they opened their presents. They came out of their rooms to find new bikes. The boys were as happy as could be!




Next, we went over to nana and pappy's house to open presents.


After that we went over to my parents house for Christmas dinner. We ate, opened more presents, and then the dad's pulled the kids on sleds down the street.
Here's daddy pulling the sled with...
Gavyn and Bryce!
My brothers Ashley and Jason decided to race each other.


Cameron and Cayden played in the back yard for a while.

Here was the family smart enough to stay inside. Aunt Jennifer with Rachael.

Nana Smith
Aunt Kim and Abigail

Aunt Jamie showing off her favorite present :)



Uncle Tyler, Aunt Desi, and Abigail


Uncle James and his Mountain Dew


Then, the kids realized I was taking their picture and the snowballs came at me. So I had to show them up.



But, they won!



After the snowball fight all the guys loaded up in the truck and went around shoveling people's driveways. They do this every year. My dad has about 12-13 people that he shovels out around town every time it snows. He gets up early in the morning and them comes home from work to do it again. Growing up we used to help him and I loved it. My kids are already starting to get into the whole shoveling thing themselves and I am so glad!
Overall, we had a great Christmas and went away loving each other even more!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I so love reading about Christmas in July! How fun, thanks for taking us down memory lane!

msorensen said...

I love reading your posts, you truely have a wonderful family!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!