Thursday, July 7, 2011

August 2010

My family goes to Bear Lake every year for a week to do some camping, playing, and boating. My boys have all been skiing for years in our local lake, but Bear Lake is a lot bigger and scarier. Last year Cayden skied in the lake, but this year he decided he wanted to learn how to wake board. My nephew, Andrew, took him out into the water to teach him how.




Cayden got up on his second try. He has decided he likes wake boarding much more than skiing.





Then, Gavyn decided he wanted to try the lake. Actually, I decided for him, but he didn't fight too much. You can see by his face that he was pretty nervous.



Uncle Tyler decided to get in the water with him so that he would not be scared. He is such a good uncle!



Gavyn got up the first time and made a full circle until he was by Uncle Tyler again. Then, he let go of the rope.





I don't think he admitted to having fun until he was back inside the boat.




Later on that day there was a huge storm that blew in. We were sitting at the beach and it came from nowhere. My camera was a casualty in the storm as were a couple of other things, but the kids all made it through okay. I kept them in the Tahoe while I ran back and forth trying to get things off the beach. It was such a mess. There was absolutely no visibility and there were four boats that ended up capsizing. My dad's boat didn't capsize, but it did get pushed out into the lake. The only good thing was the boys were inside the vehicle the whole time watching a movie so other than Cayden, I don't think they had a clue what was going on around them.

No comments: