Friday, February 19, 2010

It's the Freckles!

My kids all have freckles and I love them! None of them have every really mentioned them except for Bryce. For a long time Bryce had a hard time appreciating his freckles. We told him they were angel kisses and he really did not appreciate that explanation. We have always told him how handsome his freckles are and how lucky he is to have them. I just found out that he has now come to terms wtih his freckles.

Today, Bryce told my sister that all the girls in his class like him and are always chasing after him at recess. He them told her why - "It's the freckles!"

Bryce, I have to agree with you...it's the freckles!



SCOUTS, SWIMMING, SOCCER, and CHUCKAR'S


And here are more catch up pictures. For scouts Cayden got to participate in the Raingutter Regatta. He had so much fun. Our scout group is huge so there is always tons of boys and tons of fun!


Katie, I told you I would take a picture of Blake for you because you had forgotten your camera. Here is a picture about 9 months late.


We went to the swimming pool about a dozen times this summer. My kids LOVE swimming and so do I so we tried to go as often as possible. Here is Gavyn, Rachael, and Bryce.

Here is Bryce trying to stay hydrated.

Gavyn is a little fish. He will stay in the water for hours!


I love that Cayden is old enough now and a good enough swimmer that I don't have to worry about him too much. He is so much fun to watch!




These two cousins have always been best friends.





Gavyn loved soccer. This was the first year he was old enough to play a sport.


His daddy is so proud of him. Everytime Gavyn would make a goal he would make sure his daddy was watching him.




Uncle Jeff was his coach. He loved having his cousin and friends on his team.


This was Bryce's third year in soccer. He absolutely loves the sport and he is really good at it too.




Every time Bryce made a goal he would follow the ball into the net to pull it out for the coaches.




He wanted me to take a picture of him drinking his water because he was so happy about his red mug. This child is a RED fanatic!
Here he is watching his teammates play.



We also went to the Chuckar's game as much as possible. The kids love watching baseball and going to these games. On this night Bryce won a drawing and got to go race Chucky the bird around the bases.


They started at third base and ran to second and then first.


Bryce won by a mile. I wish this picture wasn't so fuzzy. He had the biggest smile on his face the entire way around.



And here is his prize.

I love how much these boys love each other. Bryce instantly ran up to the stands and jumped on Cayden's lap to show him what he had won. The boys had so much fun!







We even convinced Nana and Pappy to come with us to a game. I think we've got them hooked now too.
Cayden with his buddies Blake and Dylan.

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I LOVE your kids' freckles! They are just right.
I also liked the pictures of the summer days. I miss soccer.

Katie said...

I had tons of freckles when I was little and it took me sometime like them too. Must be a kid thing.
Those are some cute pictures. Thanks for getting that one of Blake.

jennycooks said...

Heidi, I was perusing through boys names on the internet last night and it said the name Bryce means "the speckled, or freckled one!" How approriate! And so cute!