Friday, February 5, 2010

Cousins, Bikes, Soccer, Tank, Swimming, and Exhaustion!

Before I start today I just have to tell you how wonderful my husband is. This has been a very busy, very long week. Yesterday I did not even get home until after 6:30 because I was out doing errands, helping at the school, grocery shopping, basketball practice, etc. all day. When I walked in the door with the older two boys I found Curtis in the kitchen on the floor mopping up and dinner on the oven almost finished. I love that he always somehow knows when I get to the point where I am just done for the week. I love my husband!

Okay, on to pictures. I am still playing catch-up and I think that I always will, but here is another load of pictures in hopes that one day I will have this made into a book so I won't have to scrapbook them.

Cayden after his hair got cut off.


Cayden loving his cousin Abigail. My boys absolutely adore this little girl and I think she might just adore them right back! This is his face...

And this is hers. She will just lay on his lap like this for a good half hour.


More cousins playing with the Gav-Man.


This summer Gavyn decided that he wanted to learn how to ride a bike. I took off the training wheels and walked with him out to the road to help him. He looked at me and told me to go into the house. I insisted on helping and tried to steady the bike while he got it started. Again, I was told to go in the house. After a few minutes of this I got frustrated and so I went into the house. About 30 minutes later Curtis came home and I watched out the window as he got the exact same treatment. A minute later Curtis came into the house with the same story. About 30 minutes after that Gavyn came into the house and invited us to watch him. He said he was ready. We walked out and watched as he started riding the bike, went down the street, rode around in the circle, and repeated this a couple of times. I couldn't believe this little stubborn guy had figured it out by himself. We are so proud of him. Here is his riding his bike.


His big brothers were so proud of him that they went and got some neighbor kids to watch. They all ended up riding down the street together.



This is one of the reasons I absolutely love where I live!



So, the very next day Gavyn told me that last year when he asked if he could ride the little motorcycle I told him no. Apparently he asked when he could and I said after he has learned how to ride his bike. So, now he has decided since he has been able to ride a bike for a day he is ready to ride the motorcycle. I resisted. Curtis came home and told Gavyn to hop on and try it. He did however forget to tell him how to stop. Gavyn took off and zoomed down the street. You could see he was not in complete control so I proceeded to yell "steer to the grass, steer to the grass!" He did as I said and crashed head over heels on the Nelson's grass with the bike landing on him. He then stood up and yelled "YAH!!!" He got up and wanted to ride it again. Curtis explained to him how to stop and Gavyn took off down the road. He road it like a pro. I think this is all Gavyn did all summer long - rode his bike and the motorcycle.








Daddy with his boys playing catch in a yard that really needs mowed.





Gavyn placed soccer for the first time this year. He started out a little scary with taking down some of his own teammates, but he ended great!





My boys absolutely love playing on the tanks at the park. We come here once a week and just let them play.









They had a couple of cars stop to watch when they started dancing. Hopefully they thought they were cute and not that some crazy mom was going to let her kids fall off the top of the tank!






The boys all took swimming lessons this year. It has been a couple of years since they had swim lessons so they were pretty excited.







Bryce riding his bike down the hill at the park.

A Bryce in a Basket!
By the end of our summer days this is how we felt.
Gavyn was exhausted.
Cayden and Bryce held strong...
Well, almost.
Bryce was usually close behind Gavyn in hitting complete exhaustion.

But Cayden held stong and kept on smiling.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your boys are so cute! I am gald you had a great summer! Now if only it would be summer again! RIGHT NOW!