Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baseball and my boys!

So, what have the Cornell's been up to this past couple of months?

(I have a picture of my calendar that is supposed to upload here, but it won't work. So, I will show it later.)

Baseball, baseball, and MORE baseball! Good thing I love the sport. I have had so much fun watching Bryce and Cayden play these past couple of months. Bryce hit his first home run yesterday ~ he had a great game! And Cayden has been the starting pitcher all season pitching the first 3 innings of all but 3 games. The kids that age are only allowed to pitch 6 innings a week so when he had 3 games in a week he pitched the first 2 innings of each game. In his first 12 innings pitched he had only one kid he walked. We are so proud of these boys!

Three things of note:
1. Cayden was picked to be on the traveling ALL-STAR team this year. There were only two 9-year-old picked and he was one of them!
2. Today marks a special day for Bryce ~ He lost his first tooth! YAY for Bryce! He was hoping this would happen before he finished first grade and he made it with only two days of school left!
3. Gavyn has been the sweetest little boy. He has gladly gone to every game, every practice, and cheered on his brothers until he was blue in the face. He did however let his brothers know that he starts T-BALL next month and he expects them to be sitting down and cheering him on as well. I think he has earned it!

This post is all over the place, but I am trying to think of anything of importance that has happened since I last wrote. School is out on Friday. I am glad that school is almost over so that I will have the kids home to hang out with. I am one of those parents who LOVE when their kids are out of school.

I am no longer a Realtor. I have decided to go back to school full-time to get my teaching degree. I start in June and I am SO excited. I absolutely love school. I am going to be taking online courses through Grand Canyon University so the program will only take me 2 years max because of the prevoius schooling I have done.

Curtis got another free & clear check up from his oncologist last week. We dread those appointments, yet look forward to them at the same time. His next one is in November. I have to say that it is really nice knowing that they are keeping a close eye on him to make sure the cancer doesn't come back. It gives good peace of mind.

1 comment:

Misti said...

Finally just posted the pre-school pictures! Let me know if you need me to email them to you and leave me your email!