Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Family Vacation - 2012

This year for our family vacation, we decided to take the kids to Yellowstone and Lewis and Clark Caverns.  We have never taken the kids there before, so we thought it would be fun. 
 

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK

 
First, we went to Yellowstone. We started seeing animals before we even got into the park.
 
 
The kids loved the geysers.



This bison was right next to our van.  I did not zoom in at all for this picture.
 

Old Faithful was great.  We walked up and only had to wait five minutes for it to erupt. 
Perfect timing~
 








I sure do love these boys!
 
















































 

Lewis and Clark Caverns

 
The next morning, we went to Lewis and Clark Caverns
















 
This is the exit for the cave.

 
I remember going to the caves when I was a kid.  My favorite memory was of Grandpa Smith trying to slide down the beaver slide.  I will never forget that!  Curtis and boys had never been to the caves before and they loved it.  In fact, Curtis wants to take them back next year...YAY!
















The ride home was pretty quiet.  After about five minutes, Bryce and Gavyn were sound asleep.  Cayden was so buried under pillows and blankets, I could not even get a picture of him.
 




But, Gavyn stayed WIDE awake the whole way home!  He talked our ears off and then played with the camera.  I LOVE his photos!
 


No comments: